WELCOME TO SEVENTH GRADE!!!!
In seventh grade we stress the importance of becoming an independent learner as well as a positive contributor to our team. We have very high expectations for all seventh graders although not more than we know they can handle. We expect that all students be accountable for their learning and that they take their learning seriously. Students need to put their best effort into each and every day. They can do this by coming to school daily, filling in their agenda for each class everyday, and completeing their assignments to the best of their ability. We believe all students should take pride in what they are learning.
We want this school year to be one that your child remembers positively. School is your child’s job and the work we do here opens the door to their future. Working together - staff, students, and parents, we are confident that we will have a great year.
SEVENTH GRADE AT A GLANCE
- Homework is assigned nightly
- Students use agendas in every class
- Weekly grade reports are sent home each Friday in Reading, Writing and Math classes
- Team Building activities throughout the year
- A variety of field trip opportunities
- Discovery World on Tuesday, Oct 27th
- Outdoor Education day trip on Tuesday, May 17th
Reading and Math Learning Targets:
Reading and Language Arts Learning Targets and Student "I Can Statements" (Grades K4-12)
Math Learning Targets and Student "I Can Statements" (Grades K5-12)